Student Newsletter – November 22 edition
For further information please contact [email protected]
Christmas events at Cadbury
Financial Support for School Leavers
DISCRETIONARY LEARNER SUPPORT FUND (DLSF)
If you are aged under 19 on the first day of your course, full time courses are free.
We can provide financial support towards College trips and activities, equipment, uniform and books (dependent on course requirements) for
young people who were in receipt of free meals at school, and young people where household income falls below £32,600 (most other Colleges fix this at around £20,000).
FREE EDUCATION MEALS
We offer free meals to students who are from low income households. Eligible students will receive credit on their ID cards to spend at the catering facilities in college at the daily meal rate of £3 per day that they are timetabled to be in college, or £15 per week.
To apply for free meals students must be:
· Aged between 16 and 18 years on 31 August 2021, or aged over 19 and continuing on the same study programme (19+ continuers) they started before they turned 19
· Have an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
Students are eligible for a free meal where they meet the criteria and satisfy the residency criteria set out in the EFA ‘Funding regulation’ guidance for the 2021 to 2022 academic year.
Eligibility: Students being in receipt of, or having parents who are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
· Income Support
· income-based Jobseekers Allowance
· income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
· support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
· the guarantee element of State Pension Credit
· Child Tax Credit (provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC))
· Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after someone stops qualifying for Working Tax Credit
· Universal Credit with net earnings not exceeding the equivalent of £7,400 pa
LEARNER SUPPORT FUND
The Learner Support Fund helps those students who would otherwise be unable to participate in Further Education. Priority groups are learners who are economically or socially disadvantaged.
Young people aged 16 to 18 on 31st August 2021 may be entitled to a £1200 bursary (dependent on circumstances and performance) if they are:
· In care
• Leaving care
• In receipt of Income Support or Universal Credit in their own right
· Receiving Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payments in their own right as well as Employment and Support Allowance or Universal Credit in their own right.
· Living independently.
How to Apply For DLSF, Free Meals or Learner Support Fund
Students need to complete the combined 16 to 18 Free Meals and Discretionary Learner Support Fund (DLSF) application form. The form can be found online only.
Scan the QR Code or go to the link below to complete the online DLSF form
Please ensure you complete all sections of the form and attach the required supporting documents.
We would encourage all students to apply early if they think they will qualify for Free Meals or the Learner Support Fund.
For all enquiries about the contact the Welfare Department via email [email protected]
A problem shared is a problem halved
New Student Wellbeing site
eduroam WiFi now available
We have now extended eduroam wireless access to Cadbury Campus and Cadbury staff and students. Once connected your device will connect to the college’s eduroam wireless network at any of our campus’s automatically, and also at any organisations who also run eduroam on their networks. Visitors to Cadbury with eduroam details will also automatically be able to connect to the Cadbury wireless network.
The current college WIFI networks already in place are unaffected by this change, but we advise you to connect to eduroam for the best experience.
Connect to the wireless network: eduroam
Your username is : [email protected]
Password: Your college network password.
Incase you have any issues joining, please see the link here for detailed connection details: https://www.cadcol.ac.uk/eduroam